Translation of govern in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (rule, administer)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (determine) the laws governing trade practices
- It was expected that the task of governing the state would bring impartiality and moderation in their conduct.
- Here in Tamil Nadu, the party which governs the state didn't win a single seat.
- This is not an innocent programme, and in the past it's been closely linked to broader ideas of governing the state.
las leyes que regulan la práctica comercial1.3 (restrain) [literary](temper/passion)
- Lith printing of course is governed by the laws of physics and chemistry.
- These trajectories are governed by the fundamental laws of gravity and the motion of the object.
- Within the limits of the laws and regulations that govern our work, we seek to provide the highest level of customer service.
also: governing present participle(party)
- We believe in the right of British people to govern themselves and control their own borders.
- You have now been provided notice of the law, and thus, please govern yourself accordingly.
- I think the question you're trying to ask is whether I am able to govern myself well, and by that I mean, am I able to regulate my thoughts and actions according to a set of personal values, morals, ethics, etc.
dominanteorganismo (masculine) rector(of school) consejo (masculine) escolar
- 2 (Linguistics)(case/mood)
- Verbs can be either transitive or intransitive, a transitive verb governs an object, whereas an intransitive verb does not.
- The Greek preposition had several meanings, depending on whether it governed the accusative, genitive, or dative case.
- In the absence of any rule governing the cases of pronouns the authors conclude it is not ‘wrong’ to say ‘They invited my partner and I to lunch’.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.