Translation of government in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (permanent structure) government owned to be in government (British English)Example sentences
- The American bureaucracy fits somewhat awkwardly into its democratic system of government.
- It is about whether we will have a system of government and a social system in which we see each other as equals.
- Is a democratic form of government a necessary pre-condition for the existence of human rights?
- 2 uncountable or countable (administration) a military/democratic governmentun gobierno or un régimen militar/democráticoto form a government the scandal caused the government to fall o the fall of the governmentel escándalo provocó la caída del gobiernothe Government is o ( (British English) also) are determined to …el Gobierno está decidido a …(before noun) government bondsbonos (masculine plural) del Estadogovernment department government grantbeca (feminine) del gobiernogovernment health warningadvertencia (feminine) sanitaria del Ministerio de Saludgovernment pension (American English)pensión (feminine) del estadogovernment policy government stocktítulos (masculine plural) del Estado
valores (masculine plural) del EstadoExample sentences
- We have seen successive governments and home secretaries promise to be tough on crime.
- He was to form no less than fourteen governments as Prime Minister during the rest of his life.
- They have never had much faith in governments and have always believed in direct action.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.