- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (permanent structure) gobierno (masculine), estado (masculine) government owned estatal, del Estado, público to be in government (British English/inglés británico) estar* en el poderMore example sentences1.2 u and c (administration) gobierno (masculine), régimen (masculine) a military/democratic government un gobierno or un régimen militar/democrático to form a government formar gobierno the scandal caused the government to fall o the fall of the government el escándalo provocó la caída del gobierno the Government is o (in British English also/en inglés británico también) are determined to … el Gobierno está decidido a … (before noun/delante del nombre) government bonds bonos (masculine plural) del Estado government department ministerio (masculine) or (Mexico/México) secretaría (feminine) government grant beca (feminine) del gobierno government health warning advertencia (feminine) sanitaria del Ministerio de Salud government pension (American English/inglés norteamericano) pensión (feminine) del estado government policy política (feminine) gubernamental government stock títulos (masculine plural) or valores (masculine plural) del Estado
More example sentences
- The American bureaucracy fits somewhat awkwardly into its democratic system of government.
- It is about whether we will have a system of government and a social system in which we see each other as equals.
- Is a democratic form of government a necessary pre-condition for the existence of human rights?
- We have seen successive governments and home secretaries promise to be tough on crime.
- He was to form no less than fourteen governments as Prime Minister during the rest of his life.
- They have never had much faith in governments and have always believed in direct action.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.