Translation of gown in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (dress) evening/wedding gownbaptismal o christening gowntraje (masculine) de fiesta/noviafaldón (masculine) bautismalExample sentences1.2
also: nightgown(American English)
- Many cruises still offer one or more optional formal dinners where ladies where long formal gowns or other evening dresses and gentlemen wear tuxedos or dark suits.
- All around there were hundreds of dresses and gowns for all occasions hanging upon the walls.
- They dressed in their finest gowns of silk and satin, jewels of gold, elegant shoes and shawls.
- 2 2.1 (Sch, Univ, Law) 2.2 (Medicine)Example sentences
- He or she gives the patient a hospital gown and sees that all clothing and jewelry is given to a family member or sent to a service center for safekeeping.
- After changing into a hospital gown, the patient lies on a cart or bed and covers his or her hair with a cap.
- You will be in a hospital gown as zippers and snap fasteners can interfere with the scan.
- The teachers wore their academic gowns at all times and went swishing along the corridors between classes.
- We lived in Graduate College and we ate together, particularly dinner at Procter Hall where academic gowns were required attire.
- And, to ensure equitable treatment of both pupils and staff, teachers should surely be banned from wearing hoods on their academic gowns on speech day.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...