- 1 1.1 (dress) vestido (masculine) evening/wedding gown traje (masculine) de fiesta/novia baptismal o christening gown faldón (masculine) bautismalMore example sentences1.2
(nightgown)(American English/inglés norteamericano) camisón (masculine)
- Many cruises still offer one or more optional formal dinners where ladies where long formal gowns or other evening dresses and gentlemen wear tuxedos or dark suits.
- All around there were hundreds of dresses and gowns for all occasions hanging upon the walls.
- They dressed in their finest gowns of silk and satin, jewels of gold, elegant shoes and shawls.
- 2 2.1 [Sch] [Univ] [Law/Derecho] toga (feminine) 2.2 [Medicine/Medicina] bata (feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- He or she gives the patient a hospital gown and sees that all clothing and jewelry is given to a family member or sent to a service center for safekeeping.
- After changing into a hospital gown, the patient lies on a cart or bed and covers his or her hair with a cap.
- You will be in a hospital gown as zippers and snap fasteners can interfere with the scan.
- The teachers wore their academic gowns at all times and went swishing along the corridors between classes.
- We lived in Graduate College and we ate together, particularly dinner at Procter Hall where academic gowns were required attire.
- And, to ensure equitable treatment of both pupils and staff, teachers should surely be banned from wearing hoods on their academic gowns on speech day.