Translation of gradient in Spanish:
- 1.1 (slope) pendiente (feminine), cuesta (feminine), gradiente (feminine) (Latin America/América Latina) a gradient of 20% o of one in five una pendiente del 20%Example sentences1.2 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] [Physics/Física] gradiente (masculine)
- By following the ridge of the city's hills, it provides tolerable gradients and avoids steep inclines, which proliferate in the city's side streets.
- Road sections which included steep gradients, major drainage structures and thick chip seal surface layers were normally excluded.
- For traffic driving east, the road descends down a gradient of 0.023 through a wooded area with trees overhanging the road on both sides.
- The abrupt changes in gradient visible in the graph are caused when the number of relevant genetic backgrounds i max changes from one integer value to the next.
- Differentiation is a method of working out the gradient of a curve - how quickly one variable changes with respect to another.
- In a moment we will demonstrate what the gradient of the curve at a point is, by examining a limiting argument.
- Distinct gradients in pressure were observed throughout the contact area.
- We observed a gradient in the depth of the selective sweep, which becomes progressively deeper as you get nearer to the gene.
- I assure you, however, I have accurately mapped the topological surface density and transitional energy gradients of the timeline in question.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.