Translation of gradient in Spanish:
- 1 (slope) a gradient of 20% or of one in fiveuna pendiente del 20%Example sentences
- By following the ridge of the city's hills, it provides tolerable gradients and avoids steep inclines, which proliferate in the city's side streets.
- Road sections which included steep gradients, major drainage structures and thick chip seal surface layers were normally excluded.
- For traffic driving east, the road descends down a gradient of 0.023 through a wooded area with trees overhanging the road on both sides.
- 2 (Mathematics, Physics)Example sentences
- The abrupt changes in gradient visible in the graph are caused when the number of relevant genetic backgrounds i max changes from one integer value to the next.
- Differentiation is a method of working out the gradient of a curve - how quickly one variable changes with respect to another.
- In a moment we will demonstrate what the gradient of the curve at a point is, by examining a limiting argument.
- Distinct gradients in pressure were observed throughout the contact area.
- We observed a gradient in the depth of the selective sweep, which becomes progressively deeper as you get nearer to the gene.
- I assure you, however, I have accurately mapped the topological surface density and transitional energy gradients of the timeline in question.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.