Translation of gravid in Spanish:
- Example sentences
- This was a large-scale, anatomical publication filled with high-quality engravings of the gravid, or pregnant, uterus.
- In addition to concerns about the difficulty of making a prompt and accurate diagnosis, the displacement of the appendix by the gravid uterus has resulted in controversy about the optimal site of abdominal incision for appendectomy.
- Studies have shown a similar incidence of major depressive episodes in matched gravid and nongravid women, so pregnancy appears to have neither a protective nor a detrimental effect.
- His timing was bad: the Warwick agreement, gravid with promise, had just been signed.
- One word can be so gravid with meaning that it could ignite the outrage of citizens, the deployment of troops, the legal obligation of action.
- Music seems gravid with meaning. We talk not solely of a person's enjoying music but of his understanding or misunderstanding it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than