Translation of greeting in Spanish:
- 1.1 (spoken) (as interjection) greetings! [archaic or hum]¡buenas! [colloquial]Example sentences1.2 (message) (usually plural) she sends you her greetings
birthday/Christmas greetingste manda saludosme dio recuerdos para tigreetings from Londonfeliz cumpleaños/Navidad(before noun) a greeting o (in British English also) greetings card/telegramrecuerdos (masculine plural) desde Londresuna tarjeta/un telegrama de felicitaciónExample sentences
- Theresa will be greatly missed by her many friends and neighbours as she always had a kind word and a greeting for everyone.
- Some stopped what they were doing to stare openly, others just waved or shouted a greeting and returned to work.
- Arrive a little early, make sure you're neatly dressed, and step forward with a polite greeting and handshake.
- Thank you to y'all who left me birthday greetings - they made me feel all warm and fuzzy!
- With this, I'll end my first post and send you all warm greetings from cold rainy Germany.
- Birthday greetings this week go to Declan Patton, who has now reached the ripe old age of 31.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.