Translation of grin in Spanish:
intransitive verb -nn-
- sonreír (abiertamente o burlonamente)he grinned nervously at meme sonrió nerviososhe was grinning from ear to earsonreía de oreja a orejato grin and bear itaguantarsewe'll just have to grin and bear ittendremos que aguantarnos
habrá que aguantarseExample sentences
- To our astonishment, Denis was grinning at us, and was even now heading in our direction.
- Walk through the tiny airport at Yap, and a small tanned youth will grin at you broadly and place a flower arrangement on your head.
- By now more than one third of the class was grinning broadly or chuckling to themselves.
- (mocking)and you can take o wipe that grin off your face!
sonrisa (feminine) burlona¡y no te rías!a horrible grinuna mueca espantosaExample sentences
- I sit here with a silly grin on my face, feeling like I'm the first mother in the world to watch a child grow up.
- He flashed the attendant behind the counter a dimpled grin and she smiled back warmly.
- They smiled innocently up at the men, who looked down at them with silly grins, as if they had never seen a woman before.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.