Translation of grinding in Spanish:
- 1 (before noun/delante del nombre) grinding noise chirrido (masculine) to come to a grinding halt o stop [vehicle] pararse or detenerse* con un chirrido [plan/negotiations] estancarse*, llegar* a un punto muerto
- 2 2.1 (desperate) grinding poverty miseria (feminine) absoluta 2.2 (strenuous) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar], agotador it was a grinding race/exam la carrera/el examen me dejó molido or hecho polvo [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- At first glance, bi-nationalism seems to offer an attractive exit from the grinding impasse of the current conflict.
- More than 50 percent of Peru's population lives under conditions of grinding poverty.
- Although he had almost no formal education and was dogged by grinding poverty all his life, Blake managed to create a type of original language that influences English to this day.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.