Translation of grinding in Spanish:
- 1 (before noun/delante del nombre) grinding noise chirrido (masculine) to come to a grinding halt o stop [vehicle] pararse or detenerse* con un chirrido [plan/negotiations] estancarse*, llegar* a un punto muerto
- 2 2.1 (desperate) grinding poverty miseria (feminine) absoluta 2.2 (strenuous) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar], agotador it was a grinding race/exam la carrera/el examen me dejó molido or hecho polvo [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- At first glance, bi-nationalism seems to offer an attractive exit from the grinding impasse of the current conflict.
- More than 50 percent of Peru's population lives under conditions of grinding poverty.
- Although he had almost no formal education and was dogged by grinding poverty all his life, Blake managed to create a type of original language that influences English to this day.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...