- 1.1 [Technology/Tecnología] muela (feminine), piedra (feminine) de afilar back to the grindstone! ¡de vuelta al yugo!More example sentences1.2 (millstone) muela (feminine), piedra (feminine) or rueda (feminine) de molino
More example sentences
- This can be done by rubbing away surplus metal with a grindstone, whetstone, oilstone, steel, ceramic rod, leather strop or the palm of your hand.
- He is seen sharpening a weapon on an old-fashioned grindstone.
- We also took turns at turning the crank of the grindstone when scythes needed to be sharpened.
- The grinding of the grain was done with a grindstone called a Rotary Quern, or a Hand Quern (a small stone on top of a larger stone with the grain in between) if you were poorer.
- His master, Monsieur Vanderdendur, cut off his hand when his finger got caught in the grindstone in a sugar mill.
- I looked in at the mill, saw the wear on the grindstone, awoke the morning next and - strangely - ordered that another be cut from my quarries up north.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.