Translation of grit in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (dirt) I got a piece of grit in my eyese me metió una basurita (Latin America) or (Spain) brizna en el ojoExample sentences1.2 (gravel) 1.3 (for hens, cage birds)
- During the course of your fishing session your line will pick up small bits of grit, sand and algae.
- Clean the cockles or clams by soaking them in cold water for at least 30 minutes to remove any sand or grit.
- He swallowed dust and grit and a bit of his back tooth.
- 2 (courage) [colloquial]agallas (feminine plural) [colloquial]she showed true gritdemostró tener agallas [colloquial]Example sentences
- Our backs were truly against the wall and finally some of the true grit and character that has been lying dormant for too long came flooding through.
- The crew is rising to every little challenge they are given and conquering them all with true grit and sheer determination.
- With home games against sides they have the ability to beat and away games against sides they have already beaten, it is now all about true grit and determination.
transitive verb -tt-
- 1 (British English)(road)
echar arenilla enExample sentences
- According to Highways Agency guidelines councils are not required to grit every street and road in the borough.
- We feel that none of the above would have happened if the council had gritted the roads.
- After the crashes, City of York Council insisted it had gritted the road according to its procedures.
- 2→ tooth 1
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.