Translation of gritter in Spanish:
- (British English)(vehículo que suelta una mezcla de arenilla y sal en carreteras en época de heladas)Example sentences
- Last winter's spell of severe weather has meant gritters were on the roads more often than usual, leading to an overspend of £100,000.
- Salt is corrosive, so the vehicles are carefully calibrated to ensure that only the amount of salt necessary for the expected road conditions is actually spread by the gritters.
- But some angry drivers contacted the Telegraph & Argus to complain they had not seen gritters and that some roads were barely passable.
Definition of gritter in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.