Translation of gritty in Spanish:
adjective grittier, grittiest
- 1 (with grit in)(flour/powder)
lleno de arenaExample sentences
- I was apparently indoors, though the floor was dingy and muddy and covered in gritty sand.
- Everywhere there was desolation - trees black and bare-limbed and the ground covered with gritty black ash.
- Blood is running freely from his nose and an open wound on his head, and he's covered in gritty, grey dust.
- 2 2.1 (resilient)(performance/resistance)
enérgicoExample sentences2.2 (uncompromising)
- Her courage, gritty determination and undoubted commitment to charity work is held in high regard throughout the world.
- To claim that the All-Ireland champions performed badly on the day would do an injustice to the visitors' gritty performance.
- Theirs was a gritty performance which belied their recent run of form.
- It took the genre back to its gritty and violently uncompromising origin.
- Australian landscape painting is perhaps better known for scenes of the vast uninhabited bush, or else gritty urban scenes.
- This initial sequence of violence and sex is, utterly disturbing, gritty realism, set against a wider social violence.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.