Translation of gritty in Spanish:
adjective -tier, -tiest
- 1 (with grit in)(flour/powder)
lleno de arenaExample sentences
- I was apparently indoors, though the floor was dingy and muddy and covered in gritty sand.
- Everywhere there was desolation - trees black and bare-limbed and the ground covered with gritty black ash.
- Blood is running freely from his nose and an open wound on his head, and he's covered in gritty, grey dust.
- 2 2.1 (resilient)(performance/resistance)2.2 (uncompromising)
- It took the genre back to its gritty and violently uncompromising origin.
- Australian landscape painting is perhaps better known for scenes of the vast uninhabited bush, or else gritty urban scenes.
- This initial sequence of violence and sex is, utterly disturbing, gritty realism, set against a wider social violence.
- Her courage, gritty determination and undoubted commitment to charity work is held in high regard throughout the world.
- To claim that the All-Ireland champions performed badly on the day would do an injustice to the visitors' gritty performance.
- Theirs was a gritty performance which belied their recent run of form.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.