- 1 (in atomic warfare) hipocentro (masculine)More example sentences
- In fact, no bomb fragments were ever found, and no one could be sure what car or truck exploded, yet ground zero was established… with no car.
- The natural reluctance of rescuers to get close enough to ground zero after a nuclear detonation to be much use to survivors is another.
- The other day I stuck my camera out of a car window and the sound I got was like ground zero at a nuclear blast!
- 2 [History/Historia] (in New York) Ground Zero zona (feminine) cero
- 3 (starting point) punto (masculine) de partidaMore example sentences
- And then it was almost worse because then we went really down to ground zero in terms of our own emotions because we just could not believe that he would survive.
- ‘We started from ground zero,’ Wilson says in his typical American - speak.
- We got in there with a pen and a pad and started at ground zero.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The PAN (Partido de Acción Nacional) is the political party that won the Mexican general elections in 2000, breaking the Partido Revolucional Institucional's record of 71 years in power. PRI - Partido Revolucionario InstitucionalPAN was founded in 1939 as a conservative alternative to President, Lázaro Cárdenas. It presents an image of being a defender of popular causes, but takes an individualistic approach to matters of education and property. Its traditional policies include limiting state intervention in the economy to a minimum and bringing about a greater rapprochement between the government and the church.