Translation of groundswell in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Meteorol] [Nautical/Náutica] mar (feminine) de fondo or de levaExample sentences1.2 (of opinion, interest) corriente (feminine), oleada (feminine)
- The wreck is well broken among rocks, spread out and so close in that even on a flat-calm day the groundswell sloshes the boat up and down as it moves in as close as possible to drop divers off.
- We had to get within 1.5 miles of the reef before we could distinguish the rocks from the groundswell breaking over them.
- A gentle groundswell was building over the reef and washing well up the rock.
- He said there was a groundswell of opinion among backbenchers, and said he had been involved with a statement released detailing the plans.
- There is also a groundswell of opposition among some independent financial advisers.
- There was a groundswell of political opinion that art was thought to be for rich people.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Crianza is a term which refers both to the process of ageing wines, and to a category of wines, vinos de crianza, which have been aged for a minimum of two years, first in barrels or the more modern stainless steel tanks, and then in the bottle.