- 1 (+ singular or plural verb/+ verbo en singular o plural) 1.1 (of people) grupo (masculine) in groups of three en grupos de tres to form a group (physically) agruparse (found a group) formar un grupo or una asociación a consumers'/women's group una asociación or agrupación de consumidores/mujeres a feminist/gay group un colectivo or una agrupación feminista/gay (before noun/delante del nombre) [discussion/visit] en grupo; [portrait] de conjunto group booking reserva (feminine) de grupo group photo foto (feminine) de grupo 1.2 [Music/Música] grupo (masculine), conjunto (masculine) a pop/rock group un grupo pop/de rockMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Rock'n'roll groups appeared on bills along with trad groups and pop singers - even some modern jazz made it into the charts.
- Robert is joined by Vincent Courtois on cello and Cyril Atef on drums in a chamber jazz group of the highest order.
- It is yet another landmark in the career of one of soul music's greatest groups.
- Money left over is to go towards a new parish council noticeboard and the remainder will be shared among local groups.
- We need to form a progressive coalition that includes the religious groups sharing our morality.
- Both groups come together to share workshops, intensive training and performances.
- 2 (usu + sing vb) 2.1 (of things) grupo (masculine) 2.2 (class, division) grupo (masculine)More example sentences
- He also feared for the safety of other pupils when the boy ran towards a group leaving the class, on May 17 last year.
- The sheets would be cut to approximate size, then they would be gathered into groups of three or four, folded in half and trimmed to the correct size.
- The extent of this clustering was similar in all four social class groups.
- 3 3.1 [Business/Comercio] grupo (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) group company colateral (feminine) 3.2 [Military/Militar] grupo (masculine)More example sentences
- We start with a joint session between the contracts and commercial law groups.
- Commercial groups or individuals will continue to pay for the use of the facility as before.
- Many official bodies and commercial groups regard stickers and pasted posters as closely related to graffiti.
- 5 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] grupo (masculine)More example sentences
- Netto made major steps towards abstract group theory when he combined permutation group results and groups in number theory.
- One of the areas which his work took him into was infinite permutation groups.
- He was the first to give a proof that the Galois group is closed under multiplication.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- agrupar the students grouped themselves around the table los estudiantes se agruparon alrededor de la mesa these cases can be grouped together estos casos pueden ponerse en un mismo grupo
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mexico's muralist movement flourished between the two World Wars during a time of nationalist fervor. It was led by Diego Rivera, José Clemente Orozco, and David Alfaro Siqueiros. Their work reflected revolutionary themes and working-class struggle. They decorated many public buildings.