Translation of group in Spanish:
- 1 (+ singular or plural verb) 1.1(of people)in groups of threeto form a groupen grupos de tres(physically)agruparse(found a group)a consumers'/women's groupformar un grupo or una asociacióna feminist/gay groupuna asociación or agrupación de consumidores/mujeresun colectivo or una agrupación feminista/gay(before noun) (discussion/visit)(portrait)group bookingde conjuntogroup photoreserva (feminine) de grupo1.2 (Music) a pop/rock groupfoto (feminine) de grupoun grupo pop/de rockExample sentences
- Rock'n'roll groups appeared on bills along with trad groups and pop singers - even some modern jazz made it into the charts.
- Robert is joined by Vincent Courtois on cello and Cyril Atef on drums in a chamber jazz group of the highest order.
- It is yet another landmark in the career of one of soul music's greatest groups.
- 2 (usu + sing vb) 2.1(of things)2.2(class, division)Example sentences
- He also feared for the safety of other pupils when the boy ran towards a group leaving the class, on May 17 last year.
- The sheets would be cut to approximate size, then they would be gathered into groups of three or four, folded in half and trimmed to the correct size.
- The extent of this clustering was similar in all four social class groups.
- 3 3.1 (Business) (before noun) group company 3.2 (Military)Example sentences
- We start with a joint session between the contracts and commercial law groups.
- Commercial groups or individuals will continue to pay for the use of the facility as before.
- Many official bodies and commercial groups regard stickers and pasted posters as closely related to graffiti.
- 4 (Chemistry) 4.1(of elements)4.2(radical)an ethyl groupun grupo etílicoExample sentences
- Money left over is to go towards a new parish council noticeboard and the remainder will be shared among local groups.
- We need to form a progressive coalition that includes the religious groups sharing our morality.
- Both groups come together to share workshops, intensive training and performances.
- Ramsay realized that argon and helium might be members of a hitherto unsuspected new group in the Periodic Table.
- 5 (Mathematics)Example sentences
- Netto made major steps towards abstract group theory when he combined permutation group results and groups in number theory.
- One of the areas which his work took him into was infinite permutation groups.
- He was the first to give a proof that the Galois group is closed under multiplication.
- the students grouped themselves around the tablethese cases can be grouped togetherlos estudiantes se agruparon alrededor de la mesaestos casos pueden ponerse en un mismo grupoExample sentences
- Photographs featured on the web site are grouped into seven categories - as are the albums.
- Furthest away are other science disciplines that would be grouped in different broad categories from psychology, like physics and chemistry.
- Eleven manufacturers who received five to seven nominations were grouped into Category 1.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.