Translation of growth in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (of animals, plants, humans) 1.2 (personal development)crecimiento (masculine) personalExample sentences
- It generates a sense of wellbeing and energy and is a powerful tool for personal development and spiritual growth.
- They should also benefit from broader opportunities for personal growth and development.
- The above concepts are useful to guide personal growth and development.
- 2 uncountable and countable 2.1 (of population, city)(of quantity)2.2 (Business) (of industry, business)(of profits, demand)2.3 (of influence, affection) growth in popularity/importance/statusaumento de popularidad/importancia/prestigioExample sentences
- A growth in the amount of books on herbs and their properties also begins later in the century.
- By extension, growth in human population leads to an increase in demand for food, water and other natural resources.
- This figure might be viewed as the product of high demand meeting artificially low supply rather than being based on steady growth in rental values.
- We found no difference in growth rate or size of individuals as a function of coating thickness.
- In particular, size and growth rate are related to movement behavior in a complex manner.
- They varied greatly in age, size, growth rate, and geographical areas covered.
- 3 3.1 uncountable (what grows) See examples: prune away the dead branches to make way for the new growthseveral days' growth of beardpode las ramas secas para dejar crecer los brotes nuevos3.2 countable (Medicine)una barba de varios díasExample sentences
- This is the start of a cancerous growth, or cancer tumour.
- Often called the silent killer, colon cancer is believed to begin when polyps or small benign growths evolve into cancer.
- Fibroids are benign growths (not cancer) in the muscular wall of the uterus.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.