- 1.1 [Zool] gaviota (f)More example sentences1.2 (dupe) [archaic/arcaico] papanatas (m)
- I could go on and on about the many herons, egrets, gulls, terns, and various and sundry other species we spotted yesterday.
- Carrion crows, large gulls, hawks and herons all receive severe punishment.
- Seabirds such as gulls and terns, even pelicans, can point the way to ‘sure thing’ action when the excited flocks are low and tight, dipping and circling.
- [archaic/arcaico] embaucar*, engañarMore example sentences
- That's because the man that gulled him has a very, very long line of creditors.
- To understand ground rents and land prices is to understand cities; not to understand is to remain mired forever in confusion and fallacy, to be gulled and misled and bamboozled, which is, indeed and alas, the common lot of mankind.
- They are gulled by the oldest trick of all, the one that gets the victim to look somewhere else.