Translation of gully in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -lies)
- 1.1 (small valley) barranco (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (channel) surco (masculine), cauce (masculine)
- The tidal bore comes in faster than a galloping horse, but first wilful surging water fills gullies and gaping holes left by the last ebbing tide.
- The Saharan winds were blowing sand onto fertile hillsides, and when it rained the water was cutting gullies through the rich alluvial soil along the wadi.
- These low water gullies can be classic fish-holding areas.
- You can also see gullies and huge channels of water draining from the city and then running back into the sea.
- They then got trapped in the sand next to the Lancaster channel - one of four deep gullies that criss-cross the area.
- Now a review of the city's cleaning of gullies, gutters, footpaths and back lanes in terraced streets has prompted commercial services officers to study the issue.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.