Translation of half-moon in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Astronomy/Astronomía] media luna (feminine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (on fingernail) media luna (feminine), lúnula (feminine) [formal]
- It's lovely out here - the night is calm, the lake is black and still, illuminated by the bright half-moon, and the trees seem to glow.
- One part of the exercise involved night skiing across the Snowy River illuminated by half-moon on a cold, clear night.
- The mechanics have packed up and gone to bed before I end my day, shivering in the chill of the desert night under a vast array of stars, the half-moon lighting up the sand, the tents and the vehicles all around.
- Weaker tides occur at half-moon, when the sun and Moon are 90° apart.
- It had been about a week since the half-moon and everything seemed peaceful except for one demon attack where they got a Silver Life Jewel shard, which Katia fused into the rest of the shard that she had collected.
- A half-moon after she revealed herself to him, they conceived a child.
- In one hypnotic turn, the performers hopped on skateboards and lazily circled the theater risers, becoming visible in half-moons as they rolled out in front of the audience and then disappearing again.
- Fold the dough circle in half to form a half-moon.
- Begin removing three half-moon mounting bolts from each side, set half moons and bolts aside.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.