- 1.1 [Astronomy/Astronomía] media luna (feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (on fingernail) media luna (f), lúnula (f) [formal]
- It's lovely out here - the night is calm, the lake is black and still, illuminated by the bright half-moon, and the trees seem to glow.
- One part of the exercise involved night skiing across the Snowy River illuminated by half-moon on a cold, clear night.
- The mechanics have packed up and gone to bed before I end my day, shivering in the chill of the desert night under a vast array of stars, the half-moon lighting up the sand, the tents and the vehicles all around.
More example sentences
- Weaker tides occur at half-moon, when the sun and Moon are 90° apart.
- It had been about a week since the half-moon and everything seemed peaceful except for one demon attack where they got a Silver Life Jewel shard, which Katia fused into the rest of the shard that she had collected.
- A half-moon after she revealed herself to him, they conceived a child.
- In one hypnotic turn, the performers hopped on skateboards and lazily circled the theater risers, becoming visible in half-moons as they rolled out in front of the audience and then disappearing again.
- Fold the dough circle in half to form a half-moon.
- Begin removing three half-moon mounting bolts from each side, set half moons and bolts aside.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.