Translation of halo in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -los or , -loes)
- 1.1 [Art/Arte] [Religion/Religión] aureola (feminine), halo (masculine) your halo's slipping [humorous/humorístico] estás perdiendo la aureola [humorous/humorístico]Example sentences1.2 [Astronomy/Astronomía] halo (masculine)
Example sentences1.3 (ring) [literary/literario] halo (masculine) [literary/literario] a halo of golden hair un halo de cabellos dorados [literary/literario]
- When used for human figures, the halo represents holiness or sanctity, and its iconography is developed to mark important distinctions between the figures represented.
- Egyptian sun disks became the halos of Catholic saints.
- Auras are not to be confused with the aureoles or halos of saints, which are devices of Christian iconography used to depict the radiance of light associated with divine infusion.
- H.R.Madhusudan, Science Educator at the Planetarium, said ice crystals in the earth's atmosphere caused the solar halo.
- Blue Moons, Harvest Moons, halos, waxing, waning and lunacy - where do Moon superstitions come from and how many of them have a basis in fact?
- According to authorities, normal astronomical phenomena such as a solar halo, or the refraction of water are usually reported during the day.
- So a halo appears around my available presence indicator, denoting ‘super interruptible’.
- Some analysts have even claimed the group of North American fund managers seeking change are ‘greenmailers with halos round their heads’.
- Gabe and Isaiah fought to look innocent so badly that I could almost see halos floating above their heads.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the