Translation of halo in Spanish:
noun plural halos or haloes
- 1 (Art, Religion) your halo's slipping [humorous]estás perdiendo la aureola [humorous]Example sentences
- When used for human figures, the halo represents holiness or sanctity, and its iconography is developed to mark important distinctions between the figures represented.
- Egyptian sun disks became the halos of Catholic saints.
- Auras are not to be confused with the aureoles or halos of saints, which are devices of Christian iconography used to depict the radiance of light associated with divine infusion.
- 2 (Astronomy)Example sentences
- H.R.Madhusudan, Science Educator at the Planetarium, said ice crystals in the earth's atmosphere caused the solar halo.
- Blue Moons, Harvest Moons, halos, waxing, waning and lunacy - where do Moon superstitions come from and how many of them have a basis in fact?
- According to authorities, normal astronomical phenomena such as a solar halo, or the refraction of water are usually reported during the day.
- 3 (ring) [literary]halo (masculine) [literary]a halo of golden hairun halo de cabellos dorados [literary]Example sentences
- So a halo appears around my available presence indicator, denoting ‘super interruptible’.
- Some analysts have even claimed the group of North American fund managers seeking change are ‘greenmailers with halos round their heads’.
- Gabe and Isaiah fought to look innocent so badly that I could almost see halos floating above their heads.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.