Translation of hamstring in Spanish:
- (of person) ligamento (masculine) de la corva; (of horse) tendón (masculine) del corvejón or jarreteExample sentences
- The lift is actually performed by the leg muscles (quadriceps, hamstrings, and gluteus maximus) on the way up.
- You must squat to build a symmetrical sexy lower body with a balance between the quadriceps and the hamstrings and gluteus maximus.
- Your gluteus maximus and hamstrings are powerful hip extensors that are activated whenever you stand, sit or step up.
- Do not run down the rear of the leg when nearing the hock as it is easy to cut the hamstring and cause lameness.
- They can go to the neck and slice the jugular vein and carotid artery; they can cut the hamstring above the hock; they can cut the band on top of the neck.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (past tense & past participle/pasado y participio pasado -strung /ˈhæmstrʌŋ/)
- 1.1 (render powerless) (usually passive/normalmente en voz pasiva) I was hamstrung: I couldn't help them estaba atado de pies y manos: no podía ayudarlos the project was hamstrung by lack of funds el proyecto se vio frustrado por falta de fondos 1.2 [horse] cortarle el tendón del corvejón or jarrete a
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.