Translation of hare in Spanish:
- (as) mad as a March haremás loco que una cabrato raise o start a hare (British English)irse por las ramasto run with the hare and hunt with the hounds (British English)servir a Dios y al diabloExample sentences
- European game animals include various deer, wild boar, hare, and rabbit.
- Three species of hares are native to California, the snowshoe, black-tailed, and white-tailed.
- He said: ‘I've noticed an increase in birds and a lot more hares since the grassland has been in place.’
- (British English) [colloquial]to hare in/out/up/downentrar/salir/subir/bajar a la carrera or como un bólido [colloquial]Example sentences
- Mutu leaves Toure for dead, hares down the left wing and shoots from a narrow angle.
- Then Harry came haring out of the bathroom like some over-protective mother bear and just about bit my head off.
- He has already been haring about this morning, giving awards to schoolchildren and meeting with constituents.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.