Translation of harmonize in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 [Music/Música] cantar en armonía 1.2 (be in accord) [colors/ideas] armonizar*Example sentences
- Oriental rugs with their mellowed tones will harmonize with almost any color.
- A wooden kitchen chair that no longer matches can easily be spray-painted in a color that will harmonize with the new tablecloth and drapes.
- Make sure they grow shorter than the anchor plant, share its cultural requirements, and harmonize with its colors and textures.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Music/Música] [melody/tune] armonizar* 1.2 (bring into accord) [policies/plans] armonizar*, poner* en armoníaExample sentences
- It will also mount a massive lobbying campaign in Brussels to harmonise European copyright with US law, arguing that in an MP3 world rights protection must be universal.
- The development plan would harmonise the activities of the ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, the agriculture consultative forum and other stakeholders.
- It is important to address these problems in a coherent and a global way, which requires co-ordination between different government and calls for harmonising and synchronising our approaches.
- At the next lesson Milhaud essentially approved the work after a few comments and suggestions, then requested that Trimble harmonize the melody for the next lesson.
- Those Antipodeans had the same understanding of rhythmic lyrics, chord progressions and harmonising melodies as Ezio.
- These melodies were harmonized accordingly and subsequently subjected to extensive thematic development in the paradigm of Western-European nineteenth-century compositional procedures.
- Rather than singing lyrics, they simply harmonize in tones that seem to alternate between accompanying and leading the music.
- Tom Petty harmonizes to great effect on the latter, and Springsteen unleashes his most jaw-droppingly savage lead guitar on the former.
- She had just been going to support her sister but Jo immediately sang a lower part, harmonising.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain's 1978 Constitution granted areas of competence competencias to each of the autonomous regions it created. It also established that these could be modified by agreements, called estatutos de autonomía or just estatutos, between central government and each of the autonomous regions. The latter do not affect the competencias of central government which controls the army, etc. For example, Navarre, the Basque Country and Catalonia have their own police forces and health services, and collect taxes on behalf of central government. Navarre has its own civil law system, fueros, and can levy taxes which are different to those in the rest of Spain. In 2006, Andalusia, Valencia and Catalonia renegotiated their estatutos. The Catalan Estatut was particularly contentious.