- 1.1 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable (of grain) cosecha (feminine), siega (feminine); (of fruit, vegetables) cosecha (feminine), recolección (feminine); (of grapes) vendimia (feminine); (of sugar cane) cosecha (feminine), zafra (feminine) (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina)More example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (yield) cosecha (feminine)
More example sentences1.3 (results) (no plural/sin plural) to reap a harvest of hatred cosechar odios
- The olive harvest falls after grape harvest, during a period of time when he'd otherwise have nothing for his workers to do.
- For most farmers, drying the crop is the major bottleneck in the harvest process.
- Gulfprince ripens from early to mid-May, extending the harvest period.
More example sentences
- The government estimates the new harvest will yield about 600000 tons of staple grains this year.
- If those working on it can work together, the seeds sown to date can yield a bountiful harvest.
- This followed a shortage caused by a poor winter harvest and alleged wheat market manipulation resulted in excessive exports of grain.
- Indian theatre has produced harvests in many languages.
- The paradox is that a search for a unifying center fails, but it has produced a harvest of insights into the riches of the Bible.
- Inflation, shortages, and declining production were the harvest of five years of perestroika and glasnost.
Junta Autonómica is the name given to the governments of Spain's autonomous regions, with the exception of Catalonia and Valencia's Generalitat and Galicia's Xunta.
- [crop/wheat] cosechar; [grapes] vendimiar; [field] realizar* la cosecha enMore example sentences
- The gardens are starting to look bare as the last of the root crops are harvested, and the still green cover crops are filling in the beds.
- Each year woman, children and even competing small farmers are forced to harvest the crop on big collective farms.
- Centuries ago when farmers planted and harvested their crops, they knew little about the science involved.