Translation of harvest in Spanish:
- 1.1 c and u (of grain) cosecha (feminine), siega (feminine); (of fruit, vegetables) cosecha (feminine), recolección (feminine); (of grapes) vendimia (feminine); (of sugar cane) cosecha (feminine), zafra (feminine) (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina)Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (yield) cosecha (feminine)
Example sentences1.3 (results) (no plural/sin plural) to reap a harvest of hatred cosechar odios
- The olive harvest falls after grape harvest, during a period of time when he'd otherwise have nothing for his workers to do.
- For most farmers, drying the crop is the major bottleneck in the harvest process.
- Gulfprince ripens from early to mid-May, extending the harvest period.
- The government estimates the new harvest will yield about 600000 tons of staple grains this year.
- If those working on it can work together, the seeds sown to date can yield a bountiful harvest.
- This followed a shortage caused by a poor winter harvest and alleged wheat market manipulation resulted in excessive exports of grain.
- Indian theatre has produced harvests in many languages.
- The paradox is that a search for a unifying center fails, but it has produced a harvest of insights into the riches of the Bible.
- Inflation, shortages, and declining production were the harvest of five years of perestroika and glasnost.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.