Translation of Hawaiian in Spanish:
- Example sentences
- Immediately after their arrival in 1820, the missionaries studied the Hawaiian language, analyzed it, and in 1826 established its orthography.
- Prohibition of hula dancing provoked a ‘discursive insurrection’ against colonial law in the form of traditional stories of the dance in Hawaiian language newspapers.
- They viewed the re-establishment of the Hawaiian language in school as one step toward Hawaiians regaining the rights and privileges their people lost through colonization.
- hawaiano, (-na) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Cousteau and his crew of 22 are already in the islands, exploring the mid-ocean ecosystem that native Hawaiians view as their ancestral home.
- Though Hawaiians dragged long, kelp-braided nets across the lagoons and deeper waters of their island homes, all knew better than to keep the jeweled Kole.
- Annexed by America in 1898 and granted statehood in 1959, Hawaiians have watched for decades as rich outsiders have swooped in and incinerated cultures.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.