- 1 u [Agr] tamo (m)More example sentences
- I had hayseed in my hair, and I think Rock had a little in his hair, too.
- 2 c (AmE) [slang/argot] yokelMore example sentences
- This confederation of hayseeds took control of North Dakota after World War I.
- TV has yet to yield a Canadian urban aesthetic that broadly appeals to all us former hayseeds who are drawn to urban hubs.
- The Savage family consists of a bunch of stubborn hayseeds that get real angry when crossed.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.