Translation of hayseed in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (Agriculture)tamo (masculine)Example sentences
- I had hayseed in my hair, and I think Rock had a little in his hair, too.
- 2 countable (American English) [slang] → yokelExample sentences
- This confederation of hayseeds took control of North Dakota after World War I.
- TV has yet to yield a Canadian urban aesthetic that broadly appeals to all us former hayseeds who are drawn to urban hubs.
- The Savage family consists of a bunch of stubborn hayseeds that get real angry when crossed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.