noun no plural
- 1 (due to humidity)(due to heat) calima (feminine)a haze of dust/smokeuna nube de polvo/humoExample sentences
- Through the slight early morning haze, I could make out taller buildings to the left.
- Polarizers are most commonly used to darken blue skies in outdoor and scenic photographs by cutting through atmospheric haze.
- Atmospheric haze makes each layer of progressively distant peaks appear lighter in tone and color.
- (US)hacerle novatadas ahacerle cargadas a (Río de la Plata) [colloquial]Example sentences
- True, just about every university in the world hazed its freshmen.
- It used to be that veterans hazed rookies by making them sing their school songs.
- A Marine who doesn't quite measure up is hazed by two fellow Marines at the Corp's base in Cuba.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.