- (in UK) → National Health ServiceExample sentences
- After all it is more economically sound to keep a public health service and it is much better for all concerned.
- As recently as three years ago some politicians could talk about the NHS as the finest health service in the world.
- Irish residents can use the card to get treatment in the public health service of any EU country.
- Would these not be better spent on our universities, our health service and other public services?
- Few GPs seem impressed by the government's plans for the future of the health service.
- She did, however, pioneer family planning services in the early years of the health service.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.