Translation of heist in Spanish:
- (US) [colloquial]golpe (masculine) [colloquial]to pull a heistdar un golpe [colloquial]Example sentences
- Bank robberies, cash-in-transit heists, petty crime and road accidents are all declining in the City of Johannesburg.
- The heist began with the robbers deliberately setting off the alarm system and retreating into bushes.
- A highly skilled thief is blackmailed into pulling a diamond heist when his daughter is kidnapped by an international terrorist.
transitive verb(US) [colloquial]
- 1 (steal)afanar [slang]Example sentences
- When thieves heisted a car rented to cricket-star Brian Lara and the perpetrators discovered his bat in the vehicle, they returned it.
- The brothers who own the house became part of the city's nouveau riche when they heisted a bank during the looting.
- Disguises are assumed, safes are blown, millions of dollars are heisted according to a completely new and clever scheme, but this is pure escapism.
- 2 (rob)(place/person)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.