Translation of hemp in Spanish:
- 1.1 (fiber) cáñamo (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (drug) marihuana (feminine), cannabis (masculine)
Example sentences1.3 (plant) cannabis (masculine), cáñamo (masculine) índico or de la India
- As a fabric, hemp is sturdy, strong and comfortable.
- It was damnably uncomfortable, having a lump on one's head the size of a fist and tied with strong hemp rope.
- Trombly points out that the strong fiber produced by hemp and kenaf blends well with the weaker post-consumer recycled paper.
- According to rules laid down by the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress, opium, heroin, morphine, hemp, cocaine and other addictive narcotics are banned.
- Subsequently, the Commission's conclusion was that the physical, moral and mental effects of hemp drugs, if used in moderation, were not adverse.
- Habit-forming and hard-to-kick addictions such as overindulgence in alcohol, heroin, hemp, Ecstasy, and an almost limitless palette of hard drugs should be avoided like the plague.
- It's part of a long-running battle to get the Government to relax the restrictions on growing hemp for food and fibre.
- They'd already experimented with less common cereal crops and discovered that hemp, once traditionally grown in the area, thrived in the warm, wet climate of the southwest.
- The only unfortunate thing is that hemp has to be grown to see its cannabinoid component, and it then needs to be tested to see whether it exceeds 0.3 percent.
- A number of herbs including oleander, adonis, black Indian hemp, black hellebore, lily-of-the-valley, squill, and strophanthus contain an active cardiac glycoside that can potentiate digoxin.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.