Translation of heroine in Spanish:
- 1.1 (brave, admirable woman) heroína (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (of novel, play, film) protagonista (feminine)
- The ticker-tape reception being afforded later this month to the 47,000 volunteers who were the true heroes and heroines of the Games is richly deserved.
- An event of this magnitude could perhaps one day bring recognition to ‘true’ heroes and heroines in society.
- What India's unsung heroes, and heroines, have achieved these past few weeks against great odds should not go unrewarded or unnoticed.
- I'd say William Gibson has had the most profound effect on representation of female characters, especially heroines, in both the written and filmic genres of sci-fi, and branching into action.
- More than half of its movies debuted at the Television Critics Association last month focused on women's issues, female characters or heroines.
- Anyone who still believes this myth should look to the dozens of female heroines in comic books.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.