Translation of heroine in Spanish:
- 1.1 (brave, admirable woman)Example sentences1.2 (of novel, play, film)
- The ticker-tape reception being afforded later this month to the 47,000 volunteers who were the true heroes and heroines of the Games is richly deserved.
- An event of this magnitude could perhaps one day bring recognition to ‘true’ heroes and heroines in society.
- What India's unsung heroes, and heroines, have achieved these past few weeks against great odds should not go unrewarded or unnoticed.
- I'd say William Gibson has had the most profound effect on representation of female characters, especially heroines, in both the written and filmic genres of sci-fi, and branching into action.
- More than half of its movies debuted at the Television Critics Association last month focused on women's issues, female characters or heroines.
- Anyone who still believes this myth should look to the dozens of female heroines in comic books.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.