Translation of hiccup in Spanish:
- 1.1 to have (the) hiccups she got the hiccupsle dio hiposhe gave a loud hiccup and blushed scarletsoltó un hipo bien fuerte y se puso como la granaan attack of hiccupsun ataque de hipoExample sentences1.2 (brief interruption) they view this failure as a mere hiccup
consideran que este fracaso es solo un pequeño contratiempoI don't want any last-minute hiccups! (British English)¡no quiero problemas de última hora!Example sentences
- Everyday hiccups don't need medical treatment, as they will go away on their own.
- The GP will examine you and look particularly for signs of the serious conditions that can cause persistent hiccups, such as an infection of the diaphragm.
- Slowly my sobs subsided and all that was left was my hiccups which sounded off every once and a while.
- Overall it was a very successful day as everything went well with only a few minor hiccups and the weather was ideal.
- Jake is back on his feet and is doing well apart from a couple of minor hiccups.
- The data collection for the main study itself went smoothly, with only very minor local hiccups.
intransitive verb (in British English also) -pp-
- if I drink too much, I start hiccupingsi bebo demasiado, me da or me entra hipoExample sentences
- Her dark eyes are wide with childish terror, and she hiccups so dramatically that, at first, she cannot speak at all.
- She hiccuped a bit and her voice sounded almost slurred.
- My eyes stung brutally and I started to hiccup.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.