Translation of highly in Spanish:
- 1.1 (to a high degree) it's highly probable/unlikely es muy/muy poco probable she's a highly intelligent child es una niña inteligentísima or sumamente inteligente his methods are highly unconventional sus métodos son muy poco ortodoxos highly dangerous peligrosísimo, peligroso en extremo highly educated muy culto our highly trained/skilled workforce nuestra mano de obra altamente capacitada/calificada food that is too highly spiced/seasoned comida excesivamente condimentada/sazonada she praised him highly lo puso por las nubes he's highly esteemed/respected by his colleagues sus colegas lo tienen en gran estima/lo respetan muchoExample sentences1.2 (favorably) his boss speaks/thinks very highly of him su jefe habla muy bien/tiene muy buena opinión de él I can't recommend her highly enough la recomiendo sin ninguna reserva he came to us highly recommended vino con excelentes recomendaciones
Example sentences1.3 (at a high rate) a highly paid job un trabajo muy bien pagado or remunerado 1.4 (in a high position) a highly placed official un alto cargo, un funcionario importante
- Even exposure to relatively low levels of this highly poisonous gas can cause brain damage or death.
- On one side the tiles are broken and the steps into the pool are loose and highly dangerous.
- She said she did not blame the driver, but felt the junction was highly dangerous.
- He is very popular with his colleagues and highly regarded by senior officers.
- It is true he polarises people, but where I am from he is highly regarded by the community.
- He's a screenwriter and apparently is very highly regarded in the industry.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.