Translation of hijack in Spanish:
- 1.1(aircraft/vehicle)a large consignment of whisky hijacked from a truck
secuestrarun gran cargamento de whisky robado de un camiónExample sentences1.2
- It involves chasing and seizing a supposedly hijacked ship and rescuing its crew members.
- Armed men hijack the vehicle when Dr. Quest is away, taking Race and Jonny to an underwater base.
- A dangerous armed thief, who hijacked a car in Egham, and committed a further six offences, has been jailed for six-and-a-half-years.
apropiarse deExample sentences
- The public power belongs to everyone and when majorities hijack it for sectarian purposes they act oppressively.
- Where Pringle is even-handed in showing how extremists have hijacked the debate over GM food, Nestle is an unapologetic partisan.
- We should not let racist organisations hijack our national flag.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.