Translation of hijack in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [aircraft/vehicle] secuestrar a large consignment of whisky hijacked from a truck un gran cargamento de whisky robado de un camiónExample sentences1.2 [ideas/policies] apropiarse de
- It involves chasing and seizing a supposedly hijacked ship and rescuing its crew members.
- Armed men hijack the vehicle when Dr. Quest is away, taking Race and Jonny to an underwater base.
- A dangerous armed thief, who hijacked a car in Egham, and committed a further six offences, has been jailed for six-and-a-half-years.
- The public power belongs to everyone and when majorities hijack it for sectarian purposes they act oppressively.
- Where Pringle is even-handed in showing how extremists have hijacked the debate over GM food, Nestle is an unapologetic partisan.
- We should not let racist organisations hijack our national flag.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.