Translation of history in Spanish:
noun plural -ries
- 1 1.1 uncountable (march of events) throughout historythe lessons of historya lo largo de la historiathe history of China/educationlas lecciones de la historialo que enseña la historiathe worst earthquake in historyla historia de la China/de la educaciónone of the biggest events in Wall Street/the country's historyel peor terremoto de la historiaa place in historyuno de los mayores acontecimientos en la historia de Wall Street/del paísto go down in history to make history this case made legal historyun lugar en la historia… and the rest is historyeste caso pasó a integrar los anales del derechoy el resto ya es cosa sabidaExample sentences1.2 uncountable (subject) economic/political/military history
history of arthistoria económica/política/militarhistoria del arteExample sentences1.3 countable (book, account) Shakespeare's Histories
- The series explores the history of evil, what society means by the word evil, where it comes from and what society can do to deal with it.
- Mash, which became one of the most famous series in the history of television, was originally a novel.
- The series about the history of speed and the intense rivalry to be the fastest revisits the golden age of the train.
dramas (masculine plural) históricos de ShakespeareExample sentences
- An honest answer is that we do not know; that is why we do history and study current events.
- The director needs to study social life and history more profoundly and change his course.
- At this point she started to study constitutional history and law.
- Local lighthouse enthusiasts could give public accounts of the history and future of their local light.
- It's important to recount the history of that story and the lessons Howard learned.
- It is the highest recorded circulation in the history of the newspaper.
- 2 countable (record, background) personal/family historythere's a history of madness in that familyhistorial personal/familiarhe has a history of heart troubleha habido casos de demencia en esa familiaha tenido problemas cardíacos en el pasadoExample sentences
- Perhaps he was just losing his marbles; there was a history of insanity in his family.
- They say the health implications can be particularly serious if there is a family history of high blood pressure.
- Mesereau said he was the victim of a trap set by a family with a history of milking celebrities.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.