Translation of hopeful in Spanish:
- 1 don't be/get too hopefulno te hagas demasiadas ilusionesI don't feel at all hopeful about our futureno me siento nada optimista con respecto a nuestro futuroto be hopeful
of -ingtener esperanzas de+ infinitiveExample sentences
- However, their bright and hopeful view of the future certainly stayed in my mind.
- Certainly they are in good form at the moment and will be very hopeful of progressing to the next stage.
- The Big Bang cosmology has an immense ideological appeal in a society without any hopeful vision of the future.
- aspirante (masculine or feminine)young hopefuls
candidato, (-ta) (masculine, feminine)jóvenes aspirantesExample sentences
- Other young hopefuls will be hoping to impress on their three - match tour.
- TV's Pop Idol gripped the nation as thousands of young hopefuls competed for the prize of a record contract.
- Everyone is hoping interest rates remain low and that the young hopefuls still come to the city with their outsize hopes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.