Translation of hopeful in Spanish:
- 1.1 don't be/get too hopefulI don't feel at all hopeful about our futureno te hagas demasiadas ilusionesto be hopefulno me siento nada optimista con respecto a nuestro futuro
of -ing1.2 (promising)tener esperanzas de+ infinitiveExample sentences
- However, their bright and hopeful view of the future certainly stayed in my mind.
- Certainly they are in good form at the moment and will be very hopeful of progressing to the next stage.
- The Big Bang cosmology has an immense ideological appeal in a society without any hopeful vision of the future.
- young hopefulscandidato, (-ta) (masculine, feminine)jóvenes aspirantesExample sentences
- Other young hopefuls will be hoping to impress on their three - match tour.
- TV's Pop Idol gripped the nation as thousands of young hopefuls competed for the prize of a record contract.
- Everyone is hoping interest rates remain low and that the young hopefuls still come to the city with their outsize hopes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.