- 1.1 (in hopeful way) the dog looked hopefully at its master el perro miró expectante a su dueño can you pay me in dollars? she asked hopefully —¿puedes pagarme en dólares? —preguntó esperanzadaMore example sentences1.2 (sentence adv) [criticized usage/uso criticado] hopefully, Jim will have remembered es de esperar que Jim se haya acordado when do you leave? — hopefully, on Friday ¿cuándo te vas? — el viernes, espero or si Dios quiere methods which, hopefully, will speed up production métodos que, se espera, aceleren la producción
More example sentences
- Even the most hopefully titled song turns out to catalogue misery and disaster.
- Several of our clients are looking hopefully at this new circuit with some expected performance increases.
- The revision has already had an impact on research, hopefully in a positive manner.
- We got in touch with Umbro and hopefully they took some of our suggestions on board.
- I have never had the best of luck in Old Firm games and hopefully I can start to turn that.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...