Translation of hopeless in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (allowing no hope)(situation)(love)sin esperanzas(task)it's a hopeless casees un caso perdido(Medicine)he's a hopeless case (pupil)no tiene curano tiene remedio(patient)1.2 (inveterate)(drunk)Example sentences
- The staff were good on smiles and sartorial smartness, but fairly hopeless at actually doing what was required of them.
- My problem was that I was brilliant at English but hopeless at maths.
- When will governments learn they are hopeless at running businesses?
- 2 (incompetent, inadequate) [colloquial]you're hopeless! give me the scissorsas an interviewer, she's absolutely hopeless¡eres un inútil! dame esas tijerasthe train service on this line is hopelesscomo entrevistadora, es una nulidadto be hopelessel servicio de trenes en esta línea es desastroso or es un desastre
atsomethingI'm hopeless at languagesser negado paraalgosoy negada para los idiomas
- 3 (despairing)(cry)de desesperación(mood)desesperanzadoExample sentences
- That delicious uncertainty has been replaced by despairing, hopeless inevitability.
- Finally, never leave the examination hall in despair, however hopeless things may seem.
- In the light of the authorities to which I have already referred, that ground of appeal was clearly hopeless.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than