Translation of hopeless in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (allowing no hope) [situation] desesperado; [love] sin esperanzas, imposible; [task] imposible it's a hopeless case es un caso perdido [Medicine/Medicina] no tiene cura, está desahuciado he's a hopeless case [pupil] no tiene remedio [patient] está desahuciado 1.2 (inveterate) [drunk] empedernido; [spendthrift/liar/gambler] incurable, incorregible; [idiot] rematado, redomadoExample sentences
- The staff were good on smiles and sartorial smartness, but fairly hopeless at actually doing what was required of them.
- My problem was that I was brilliant at English but hopeless at maths.
- When will governments learn they are hopeless at running businesses?
- 2 (incompetent, inadequate) [colloquial/familiar] you're hopeless! give me the scissors ¡eres un inútil! dame esas tijeras as an interviewer, she's absolutely hopeless como entrevistadora, es una nulidad the train service on this line is hopeless el servicio de trenes en esta línea es desastroso or es un desastre to be hopeless
atsth ser* negado paraalgo I'm hopeless at languages soy negada para los idiomas
- 3 (despairing) [cry] de desesperación; [mood] abatido, desesperanzadoExample sentences
- That delicious uncertainty has been replaced by despairing, hopeless inevitability.
- Finally, never leave the examination hall in despair, however hopeless things may seem.
- In the light of the authorities to which I have already referred, that ground of appeal was clearly hopeless.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.