Translation of hopelessly in Spanish:
- 1.1 (irredeemably) (as intensifier) they were hopelessly losthe was hopelessly in loveestaban totalmente or completamente perdidoshe's hopelessly lazyestaba perdidamente enamoradoes un auténtico vago or un vago incorregibleExample sentences1.2 (without hope)
sin esperanzasExample sentences
- The bulk of the adult population still farms tiny plots of hopelessly unproductive land in grinding poverty.
- Many times different versions of news appear to be hopelessly contradictory with each other.
- I turned my attention back to the ute, which was hopelessly bogged in thick black mud.
- And as I watched that final, trying hopelessly not to cry, consumed with indignant anger, my reality television bubble burst.
- And Casey has shown that the Tigers can go head-to-head with the Hawthorn board and beat it hopelessly.
- And we know he goes to Mass, frequently and hopelessly, lingering afterwards for an angry, ongoing dialogue with his patient priest (Brian O'Byrne).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.