- 1.1 (irredeemably) (as intensifier) they were hopelessly lost estaban totalmente or completamente perdidos he was hopelessly in love estaba perdidamente enamorado he's hopelessly lazy es un auténtico vago or un vago incorregibleMore example sentences1.2 (without hope) sin esperanzas
More example sentences
- The bulk of the adult population still farms tiny plots of hopelessly unproductive land in grinding poverty.
- Many times different versions of news appear to be hopelessly contradictory with each other.
- I turned my attention back to the ute, which was hopelessly bogged in thick black mud.
- And as I watched that final, trying hopelessly not to cry, consumed with indignant anger, my reality television bubble burst.
- And Casey has shown that the Tigers can go head-to-head with the Hawthorn board and beat it hopelessly.
- And we know he goes to Mass, frequently and hopelessly, lingering afterwards for an angry, ongoing dialogue with his patient priest (Brian O'Byrne).
Browse other language resources
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...