Translation of hopelessly in Spanish:
- 1.1 (irredeemably) (as intensifier/como palabra enfática) they were hopelessly lost estaban totalmente or completamente perdidos he was hopelessly in love estaba perdidamente enamorado he's hopelessly lazy es un auténtico vago or un vago incorregibleExample sentences1.2 (without hope) sin esperanzas
- The bulk of the adult population still farms tiny plots of hopelessly unproductive land in grinding poverty.
- Many times different versions of news appear to be hopelessly contradictory with each other.
- I turned my attention back to the ute, which was hopelessly bogged in thick black mud.
- And as I watched that final, trying hopelessly not to cry, consumed with indignant anger, my reality television bubble burst.
- And Casey has shown that the Tigers can go head-to-head with the Hawthorn board and beat it hopelessly.
- And we know he goes to Mass, frequently and hopelessly, lingering afterwards for an angry, ongoing dialogue with his patient priest (Brian O'Byrne).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the