Translation of hopelessly in Spanish:
- 1 (irredeemably) (as intensifier) they were hopelessly lostestaban totalmente or completamente perdidoshe was hopelessly in loveestaba perdidamente enamoradohe's hopelessly lazyes un auténtico vago or un vago incorregibleExample sentences
- The bulk of the adult population still farms tiny plots of hopelessly unproductive land in grinding poverty.
- Many times different versions of news appear to be hopelessly contradictory with each other.
- I turned my attention back to the ute, which was hopelessly bogged in thick black mud.
- 2 (without hope)sin esperanzasExample sentences
- And as I watched that final, trying hopelessly not to cry, consumed with indignant anger, my reality television bubble burst.
- And Casey has shown that the Tigers can go head-to-head with the Hawthorn board and beat it hopelessly.
- And we know he goes to Mass, frequently and hopelessly, lingering afterwards for an angry, ongoing dialogue with his patient priest (Brian O'Byrne).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.