- 1 1.1 u (emotion) horror (m) I cried out in horror grité horrorizadato have a horror of sth/
-inghe has a horror of spiders les tiene horror or terror a las arañas I have a horror of being alone me aterra or me da pavor estar sola (before n) [movie/story] de terror everyone has a horror story to tell about … todo el mundo ha tenido alguna mala experiencia con …More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 c (experience, event) the horrors of nuclear warfare los horrores de la guerra atómica ten die in gas blast horror [journalese/lenguaje periodístico] diez muertos en una explosión de gas horror of horrors, you'll actually have to do some work! [iro] ¡qué horror! ¡hasta vas a tener que trabajar! [irónico/ironical] 1.3 c (person, thing) [colloquial/familiar] monstruo (m) that child's a little horror! ¡ese niño es un diablillo! [familiar/colloquial]
- But Toby doesn't react with horror or disgust or shock, instead complaining that Bree lied to him.
- Shock, horror, disgust impinge on our sense of ourselves, creating a sense of crisis as our sense of completeness and comfort is threatened.
- Judy gasped in shock and horror, paralyzed with disgust and unbridled rage as Sarah stormed out of the room.
More example sentences
- This is also one reason why I remain so steadfastly resolute about concentrating on fantasy, science fiction and horror film.
- The work was a breakthrough, spawning the birth of two literary genres: science-fiction and horror fiction.
- The science fiction and horror genres have often served as mirrors of the troubles and fears of the time.
- But there was another horror, one as difficult to believe.
- Or come back later for some thoughts on how to effectively counter that horror.
- Name your disaster, horror or tragedy, no matter how grotesque, and there will be someone making a joke of it somewhere.
- 2(horrors pl)[colloquial/familiar] spiders give me the horrors las arañas me ponen los pelos de punta [familiar/colloquial]More example sentences
- As in every culture, where all other Indians in the story are proud and honourable, Emiliano happens to be a horror of almost fantastical proportions.
- He thinks Anse is a horror of a human being to throw Darl down in the public street and handcuff him and to pour concrete on Cash's leg, forever destroying it.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.