Translation of horror in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (emotion) horror (masculine) I cried out in horror grité horrorizadato have a horror of sth/
-inghe has a horror of spiders les tiene horror or terror a las arañas I have a horror of being alone me aterra or me da pavor estar sola (before noun/delante del nombre) [movie/story] de terror everyone has a horror story to tell about … todo el mundo ha tenido alguna mala experiencia con …Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (experience, event) the horrors of nuclear warfare los horrores de la guerra atómica ten die in gas blast horror (in newspapers) diez muertos en una explosión de gas horror of horrors, you'll actually have to do some work! [ironic] ¡qué horror! ¡hasta vas a tener que trabajar! [irónico] 1.3 countable/numerable (person, thing) [colloquial/familiar] monstruo (masculine) that child's a little horror! ¡ese niño es un diablillo! [colloquial/familiar]
- But Toby doesn't react with horror or disgust or shock, instead complaining that Bree lied to him.
- Shock, horror, disgust impinge on our sense of ourselves, creating a sense of crisis as our sense of completeness and comfort is threatened.
- Judy gasped in shock and horror, paralyzed with disgust and unbridled rage as Sarah stormed out of the room.
- This is also one reason why I remain so steadfastly resolute about concentrating on fantasy, science fiction and horror film.
- The work was a breakthrough, spawning the birth of two literary genres: science-fiction and horror fiction.
- The science fiction and horror genres have often served as mirrors of the troubles and fears of the time.
- But there was another horror, one as difficult to believe.
- Or come back later for some thoughts on how to effectively counter that horror.
- Name your disaster, horror or tragedy, no matter how grotesque, and there will be someone making a joke of it somewhere.
- 2(horrors plural)[colloquial/familiar] spiders give me the horrors las arañas me ponen los pelos de punta [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- As in every culture, where all other Indians in the story are proud and honourable, Emiliano happens to be a horror of almost fantastical proportions.
- He thinks Anse is a horror of a human being to throw Darl down in the public street and handcuff him and to pour concrete on Cash's leg, forever destroying it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the