Translation of hour in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (60 minutes) a quarter/three quarters of an hourun cuarto/tres cuartos de horaan hour and a half, one and a half hoursuna hora y media24 hours a daylas 24 horas del díait's two hours' walk/drive from hereestá a dos horas (de aquí) a pie/en coche30 miles per hour30 millas por horato be paid by the hourcobrar por horasI earn $30 an hourgano 30 dólares por horaExample sentences1.2 (time of day) the clock struck the hour
el reloj dio la horaon the houra la hora en puntoat twenty past the houra (las) y veinteat 1600 hoursa las 16:00 horas(at) any hour of the day or nighta cualquier hora del día o de la nochewhy do you call me at this (late/ungodly) hour?¿por qué me llamas a estas horas (intempestivas)?to be up till all hoursestar levantado hasta las tantas [colloquial]in the early hours of yesterday morningayer de madrugadain the small hours
- The throw in time is 7.30 and if the sides are again deadlocked at the end of the hour thirty minutes extra time will be played.
- It may be minutes, hours days or even years that you are helping yet the gratitude will be there.
- Seconds turned to minutes, and minutes turned into hours with equal grace and ease.
en la madrugada de ayera altas horas (de la noche)in the wee small hours (of the morning)en las primeras horas de la madrugadaExample sentences1.3 (particular moment) her/his/their finest hour
su mejor momentoin my hour of need they all deserted metodos me abandonaron cuando más los necesitabathe man/question of the hourel hombre/el tema del momentothe darkest hour is o comes just before the dawnlas cosas suelen empeorar antes de mejorarExample sentences
- Come to me later in the evening in the seventh hour after midday, and I will give the prescription to you.
- Ask yourself, why did India awake to light and freedom at the stroke of the midnight hour…
- I left Dublin after the midnight hour and rolled west along the road, all too well aware that part of my link with the old city had come to an end.
- The baby chooses the hour and minute of birth, the parents the year and month, and the place.
- The night went on without a hitch, but an hour had past, twelve midnight, the bewitching hour.
- Then, at the midnight hour of the request to extradite him, only THEN did they offer to hand him over to the Pakistan courts.
- 2also: hours plural2.1 (long time)horas (feminine plural)it'll take hoursllevará horaswe waited for hours and hoursesperamos horas y horasthey arrived hours latellegaron con horas de retrasoExample sentences2.2 (fixed period) during office/business hours
en horas de oficina/trabajowhat hours do you work?¿qué horario tienes?what hours are you open?¿qué horario tienen?doctors work long hours
- He tripped this morning and he fell in the early morning hours while he was getting dressed.
- Embers began burning in the east, casting light upon the land in the early winter hours.
- Two days later a relative left in the very early hours of the morning, to avoid the heat, with the coffin in the back of a buckie.
¿cuál es su horario de atención al publico?los médicos tienen un día de trabajo muy largoto work after hourstrabajar después de horato keep late/irregular hoursllevar una vida noctámbula/desordenada
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.