Translation of humble in Spanish:
- 1.1 (lowly, unpretentious) he worked as a humble office clerkera un humilde empleado de oficinaExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (meek, unassuming) in my humble opinion
- He was from a humble social background, raised either in a village or an orphanage.
- These official inscriptions were produced in substantial quantities, in contrast to the small number of inscriptions produced by more humble social groups.
- The party's rise also provided an opportunity for people of humble social origins to enter politics.
your humble servant (at end of letter) [formal] [dated]en mi modesta or humilde opiniónsu seguro servidor [formal] [anticuado](in speech) [liter or hum]un servidor/una servidora [anticuado] [humorous]Example sentences
- They then proceeded to torch the humble dwellings of the farm workers, presumably to ensure that they would not try to return to the village.
- Even though my dwelling is both humble and modest I still find the quarterly levy feels like more than I can afford.
- Despite their humble beginnings, they are an internationally recognised and respected organisation.
Example sentences1.3 (deferential)
- He's so humble and modest; I'm someone who literally brags when he goes to the gym, so it's pretty cool to come across such selflessness.
- Can you be stinking rich and love yourself and be proud of yourself and yet be humble and modest as well?
- These executives and managers are humble, fearless, modest, and willful with endless reserves of energy.
(apology/request)→ eat 1 1
- All this was attended to in a professional and caring manner, whilst offering humble apologies for the state of the equipment they were forced to endure.
- At that point, offer your humble apologies and cancel the message.
- In my humble opinion, a beard can perform double duty as being a source of comfort and enjoyment, as well as looking sharp.
- 1.1 (make humble)(person)he must humble himself before Goddarle una lección de humildad aa humbling experiencedebe acercarse a Dios con humildad1.2 (humiliate)una lección de humildadExample sentences
- Experiencing his mercy should humble us, fill us with gratitude, and move us to be merciful toward those around us.
- But we should see it through to the very end, totally humble these people, then build them back up so they may actually give back to civilization.
- I think that sometimes, that is what humbles me most.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.