Translation of hydro in Spanish:
noun plural hydros[colloquial]
- 1 countable (establishment)(British English)baños (masculine plural)Example sentences
- In August 1857, the Furness Line opened which led to the building of more and larger hotels and hydros.
- The treatments are available at Studios as well as at selected Salons and health hydros.
- Programmes will prepare students for job opportunities in hotels, restaurants, lodges, conference facilities, theme parks, golf and country clubs, casinos, health hydros and airline catering companies.
- 2 uncountable (power)energía (feminine) hidroeléctricaExample sentences
- In addition, the incentives for alternatives - such as hydro, solar, nuclear and - crucially biofuels - grow exponentially.
- Most people who are off the grid (at least those living in the United States), rely on some combination of alternative energy such as wind, photovoltaic or hydro.
- On the books at the moment, we have hydro, wind, geothermal, gas, and what are described as ‘various other options’ for new electrical generation in this country.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.