Translation of hydro in Spanish:
noun plural hydros[colloquial]
- 1 countable (establishment)(British English)
baños (masculine plural)Example sentences
- In August 1857, the Furness Line opened which led to the building of more and larger hotels and hydros.
- The treatments are available at Studios as well as at selected Salons and health hydros.
- Programmes will prepare students for job opportunities in hotels, restaurants, lodges, conference facilities, theme parks, golf and country clubs, casinos, health hydros and airline catering companies.
- 2 uncountable (power)energía (feminine) hidroeléctricaExample sentences
- In addition, the incentives for alternatives - such as hydro, solar, nuclear and - crucially biofuels - grow exponentially.
- Most people who are off the grid (at least those living in the United States), rely on some combination of alternative energy such as wind, photovoltaic or hydro.
- On the books at the moment, we have hydro, wind, geothermal, gas, and what are described as ‘various other options’ for new electrical generation in this country.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.