Translation of hydrophobia in Spanish:
- 1.1 (fear of water) hidrofobia (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (rabies) [archaic] hidrofobia (feminine), rabia (feminine)
- There's a stage of rabies where people develop hydrophobia, a bizarre and irrational fear of water.
- It is specific for asthma and oppressed breathing, hiccup, whooping cough, spasmodic croup, tetanus, hydrophobia, hysteria paroxysms and hysterical convulsions.
- Salivation and thirst are great but the victim cannot swallow water because of throat muscle spasm hence the misnomer hydrophobia.
- Ain't that some incurable disease like hydrophobia?
- Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy.
- To protect a healthy person forever from smallpox, hydrophobia, diptheria and so on, the doctor gives him those very diseases.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the