Translation of hydrophobia in Spanish:
- 1.1 (fear of water) hidrofobia (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (rabies) [archaic] hidrofobia (feminine), rabia (feminine)
- There's a stage of rabies where people develop hydrophobia, a bizarre and irrational fear of water.
- It is specific for asthma and oppressed breathing, hiccup, whooping cough, spasmodic croup, tetanus, hydrophobia, hysteria paroxysms and hysterical convulsions.
- Salivation and thirst are great but the victim cannot swallow water because of throat muscle spasm hence the misnomer hydrophobia.
- Ain't that some incurable disease like hydrophobia?
- Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy.
- To protect a healthy person forever from smallpox, hydrophobia, diptheria and so on, the doctor gives him those very diseases.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The 'Audiencia Nacional' is the Spanish high court for crimes affecting the national interest, e.g. drug trafficking, large-scale fraud and certain crimes committed abroad.