- 1 [Chemistry/Química] hidrófobo, hidrofóbicoMore example sentences
- The polyurethane foam does not hold moisture and is hydrophobic (water repelling).
- This part of the molecule is called hydrophobic, meaning water-hating.
- With this kind of dual nature, the hydrophilic part will face the water and the hydrophobic part will exclude water.
- 2 2.1 [Psychology/Psicología] hidrófobo 2.2 (rabid) [archaic/arcaico] hidrófobo, rabioso
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Cortes Generales is the Spanish Parliament, consisting of two houses, the lower house or Congreso de los Diputados and the upper house or Senado. It is a legislative body, approves state budgets, and exercises other powers relating to international treaties and agreements, the autonomous regions and appointments to posts in institutions such as the Tribunal Constitucional.