Translation of hydrophobic in Spanish:
- 1 [Chemistry/Química] hidrófobo, hidrofóbicoExample sentences
- The polyurethane foam does not hold moisture and is hydrophobic (water repelling).
- This part of the molecule is called hydrophobic, meaning water-hating.
- With this kind of dual nature, the hydrophilic part will face the water and the hydrophobic part will exclude water.
- 2 2.1 [Psychology/Psicología] hidrófobo 2.2 (rabid) [archaic] hidrófobo, rabioso
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.