- 1.1 u (publicity) despite all the (media) hype, the film was not a success a pesar de todo el despliegue or bombo publicitario, la película no tuvo éxito there's been a lot of hype over o about vitamin pills se han exagerado mucho las virtudes de las vitaminasMore example sentences1.2 c (thing promoted) this play/exhibition is hype of the month in New York este mes en Nueva York no se habla más que de esta obra/exposición
- From a marketing perspective fan sites and public discussion are a great source of free promotion and hype.
- Thanks to Caleb for contacting Wrappamania and getting them a promotion with hype.
- Of course, as with most advance marketing hype, he, or his contact more likely, neglected to mention an important fact.
- [colloquial/familiar] promocionar con bombos y platillos or (Esp) a bombo y platillo the film was much hyped in advance la película estuvo precedida de una gran campaña publicitariaMore example sentences
- In fact, some people in the publishing industry think it's a great idea, sponsors buying authors to hype their products, but why stop there?
- Willes had his supporters, even in the newsroom, and his ideas were hyped as a way to save a dying industry.
- Nagel told us there was no point hyping a product that consumers can't yet buy.