Translation of ictus in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural ictus or , -tuses)
- 1 [Linguistics/Lingüística] [Literat] ictus (masculine)Example sentences
- His great authority, Cresollius, disapproved of orators using ‘ictus or musicall cadence of the fingers’ in free prose, ‘though it may be tollerable for the setting of the intervalls of restrained numbers.’
- He also adopted the percussion stop, with which a tiny hammer strikes the reed to give it an initial ictus and so avoid the characteristic rather mushy beginning of the sound.
- 2 [Medicine/Medicina] ictus (masculine)Example sentences
- More typically ictal symptoms of depression are followed by alteration of consciousness as the ictus evolves from a simple to a complex partial seizure.
- The method involves the application of a cold thermal material to the back of the person during ictus (seizure).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Crianza is a term which refers both to the process of ageing wines, and to a category of wines, vinos de crianza, which have been aged for a minimum of two years, first in barrels or the more modern stainless steel tanks, and then in the bottle.