Translation of identity in Spanish:
noun plural identities
- 1 uncountable or countable 1.1 (name) to prove one's identitydemostrar su identidadyou'll need some proof of identitynecesitará algún documento que acredite su identidadit was a case of mistaken identityfue un caso de identificación equivocadaExample sentences1.2 (character) to lose one's identity
perder la identidadpersonal/national/sexual identityidentidad personal/nacional/sexualExample sentences
- In fact, her identity as a citizen in urban India is one that is minimally developed, if at all.
- It doesn't matter that the joke is about mistaken identity or the fact that they're chasing the wrong vehicle - Atkinson can make you laugh at it anyway.
- Being one of the king's personal guests had given them a special status despite the fact that their identities had yet to be given.
- That is, what about people who deliberately disrupt the continuity that ordinarily characterizes our identity?
- My appreciation of this country stems from the fact that our national identity is impossible to pin down.
- What should be one of the most important facts of our national identity is instead one of the government's most closely guarded secrets!
- 2 uncountable (Mathematics, Philosophy) an identity of interestsuna identidad or coincidencia de interesesExample sentences
- Group theory studies not a single structure, but a type of structure, the pattern common to collections of objects with a binary operation, an identity element thereon, and inverses for each element.
- First, among the operations there must be an identity element - an operation that leaves the system unchanged.
- For example, the collection of integers under addition is a group (the identity element is 0), and groups occur throughout mathematics from geometry to combinatorics to cryptography.
- Identity and equality are two fundamental binary relations which relate expressions of a given type.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.