- 1 c (expression) modismo (m), giro (m) (idiomático), expresión (f) idiomática, idiotismo (m)More example sentences
- India has had a longer exposure to English than any other country which uses it as a second language, and its distinctive words, idioms, grammar, rhetoric and rhythms are numerous and pervasive.
- Consider the case of idioms which contain a word which has no uses outside the idiom itself.
- Brewer's aim was to help readers understand the context of the catchphrases, clichés, slogans and odd linguistic idioms by which the British make themselves understood.
- 2 u c 2.1 (language) lenguaje (m) the characters use a working-class idiom los personajes emplean el lenguaje de la clase trabajadora the local idiom el habla del lugar 2.2 (style) [Art] [Mus] lenguaje (m), estilo (m)More example sentences
More example sentences
- In his abstract expressionist paintings, popular idioms found in his music clearly present themselves.
- An accomplished singer, she is well versed in singing various styles and idioms of music.
- As a result, music hall idioms and artistes were ubiquitous.
- She perfectly recreates the idioms and dialects of a certain sort of Manchester, and it was un-put-downable in a slightly addictive, confessional way.
- It is an uphill task capturing the true spirit of the original, not missing out on the nuances and finer points of the dialect and the local idiom, or for that matter, the tenor and authentic flavour of the literary work in question.
- There are southern and northern dialects, each having three regional idioms.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.