- 1 c (expression) modismo (m), giro (m) (idiomático), expresión (f) idiomática, idiotismo (m)More example sentences
- India has had a longer exposure to English than any other country which uses it as a second language, and its distinctive words, idioms, grammar, rhetoric and rhythms are numerous and pervasive.
- Consider the case of idioms which contain a word which has no uses outside the idiom itself.
- Brewer's aim was to help readers understand the context of the catchphrases, clichés, slogans and odd linguistic idioms by which the British make themselves understood.
- 2 u c 2.1 (language) lenguaje (m) the characters use a working-class idiom los personajes emplean el lenguaje de la clase trabajadora the local idiom el habla del lugar 2.2 (style) [Art] [Mus] lenguaje (m), estilo (m)More example sentences
More example sentences
- In his abstract expressionist paintings, popular idioms found in his music clearly present themselves.
- An accomplished singer, she is well versed in singing various styles and idioms of music.
- As a result, music hall idioms and artistes were ubiquitous.
- She perfectly recreates the idioms and dialects of a certain sort of Manchester, and it was un-put-downable in a slightly addictive, confessional way.
- It is an uphill task capturing the true spirit of the original, not missing out on the nuances and finer points of the dialect and the local idiom, or for that matter, the tenor and authentic flavour of the literary work in question.
- There are southern and northern dialects, each having three regional idioms.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.