- 1.1 (lacking knowledge) ignorante I am very ignorant in matters of etiquette soy muy ignorante en cuestiones de etiqueta I'm totally ignorant about politics no tengo ni idea or no sé nada de política to be ignorant
ofsth ignorar or desconocer* algoMore example sentences1.2 (rude) (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar], maleducado
More example sentences
- The policy culture sees the community culture as uneducated, ignorant, backward and occasionally comic in its primitive beliefs.
- In that way, our people can remain ignorant, uneducated and dumb.
- The people are too blind or too uninformed or too uneducated or too ignorant or too whatever to see the threat that faces them because they refuse to take a look at it.
- Not some rude, ignorant, person who appears to have no respect for either his office or the people of Tasmania, and flouts our laws as if he is someone who is immune to them.
- I'm rude, ignorant, extremely lazy, and like to be told what to think.
- I did complain to my GP once that they were rude and ignorant and he said… ahh they have a very hard job dealing with the druggies and lower classes round here.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain had three civil wars known as the guerras carlistas (1833-39, 1860, 1872-76). When Fernando VII died in 1833, he was succeeded not by his brother the Infante Don Carlos de Borbón, but by his daughter Isabel, under the regency of her mother María Cristina. This provoked a mainly northern-Spanish revolt, with local guerrillas pitted against the forces of the central government. The Carlist Wars were also a confrontation between conservative rural Catholic Spain, especially the Basque provinces and Aragón, led by the carlistas, and the progressive liberal urban middle classes allied with the army. Carlos died in 1855, but the carlistas, representing political and religious traditionalism, supported his descendants' claims until reconciliation in 1977 with King Juan Carlos.